Leon Hoffman, MD
Leon Hoffman has been Director or co-Director of the Pacella Parent Child Center since its inception in 1991. He has long experience working with parents and their young children and in supervising professionals who work with parents and children. He is the co-director of the Research Center at NYPSI, serves as Chief Psychiatrist at the West End Day School in New York City and is an Assistant Lecturer at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. He has published widely concerning work with children and families.
- Hoffman, L. & Blum, L. (2011, April 27). Listening to our children’s voices – Harder than it sounds: Try to listen to what the child or adolescent is saying [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-freud/201104/listening-our-children-s-voices-harder-it-sounds
- Hoffman, L. (2011, May 7). Mothers and Mother's Day: Helping mothers themselves find their own expertise with their children [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-freud/201105/mothers-and-mothers-day
- Hoffman, L. (2011, June 5). A father's importance for children - Thoughts for Father’s Day:
A father’s responsiveness and his emotional availability are key [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-freud/201106/fathers-importance-children-thoughts-father-s-day
- Murphy, S., Zweifach, J., & Hoffman, L. (2011). The everyday concerns of mothers of young children and the motivation to seek ongoing parenting support from experts. Early Child Development and Care.
- Hoffman. L. (2012). “Finding the good grandmother." In M. Hossein Etezady & M. Davis (Eds.) Clinical perspectives on reflective parenting: Keeping the child’s mind in mind. Lanham, MD: Jason Aronson.
- Hoffman, L., Catapano, C. & Meyer, K. (In press). Integrative role of psychodynamic principles in an interdisciplinary elementary school. In M. O’Loughlin (Ed.) Psychodynamic perspectives on working with children, families and schools.
Lanham, MD: Jason Aronson.
May Sickles, MD
May Sickles is the Associate Director of the Pacella Parent Child Center. She has been on the staff of the Pacella Parent Child Center and led groups since 1995. She sees children and parents in her private practice and has expertise in parent guidance.